Boilers are the center pin piece of the central home heating system, said to be accounting for around 55% of annual domestic bills alone. Source – Energy Saving Trust
Top Up Fuels wanted to highlight how important boilers are in people’s homes and how much they contribute towards their bills – especially when not working as efficiently as once designed.
Installing a new Home heating oil boiler system can greatly reduce levels of Carbon Dioxide emissions and also cut annual bills down by hundreds of pounds, with modern boilers boasting much higher efficiency ratings and cheaper running costs.
If you are unsure of the health of your existing boiler, check the following points to give yourself a general idea:
- Check around the bottom of the boiler – has there been any water leakage or residue?
- Does your boiler make odd sounds? If so something could potentially be split or broken
- Is there increased condensation in the room?
- Does the pilot light keep going out?
- Are your energy bills on track with the guidelines of a similar boiler, energy use and home?
More often than not Boilers are not maintained as regularly as they should be, with possible risks including breaking down, lowered efficiency, and even carbon monoxide poisoning. If ever in doubt of your boilers health get in touch with a qualified inspector to carry out a full assessment.
If you are thinking of getting a new boiler then Top Up Fuels can also advise on some options, however the following factors must be considered:
- How much hot water do you use?
- Would you consider a Combi Heater? This used multiple sources e.g. gas, oil, solar etc
- How much space do you have to install and fit your boiler?
Once you have decided be sure to have your boiler installed by a qualified technician who can guide you through the install correctly, to ensure it is completely safe and efficient.
For further help or advice feel free to contact Top Up Fuels on 0203 0111 232 for a friendly chat with one our staff. For access to our home heating oil prices fill out a quick quote.